Senior Accountant – Cape Town
Position: Senior Accountant
Based in Cape Town
Manage, control and ensure that company accounting activities and procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and comply with the approved policies and procedures of Petrel and LVSA Technology. Lead and coordinate all tasks and functions relate to financial reporting, Budgeting, cash flow management, debt financing. Fulfill in a timely manner all financial obligation and requirement with third parties
Reporting to: Albert
• Manage, control and ensure that company accounting activities and procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles
• Ensure that all financial transactions are handled and processed in-line with the approved policies and procedures.
• Oversee the daily operations of the finance department
• Prepare the monthly financial reports with all needed financial and costing analysis comparing with Budget and KPIs.
• Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
• Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts in coordination with Albert
• Ensure that the company are continuously keeping sufficient fund to fulfill its financial obligation by preparing monthly cash flow forecast. Monitor the actual cash flow against forecast and take the necessary measure to remedy variances.
• Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies and monitor terms, conditions and covenants and ensure compliance with the same.
• Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
• Serve as primary legislative liaison for company financial issues.
• Provide needed support to Albert and other Departments Head in developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
• Ensure that financial controls are in place at functions and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Other duties as assigned
• Salary to be used as a guide only and will depend on experience levels and interview performance
• As a guide, 20 – 30k SAR base salary per month
• Bonus as per the Company profit
• Degree in Accounting
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a senior level Finance or Accounting position
• A CPA or CMA professional qualification preferred
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• General knowledge of ERP Systems and the relation of other modules with accounting and finance modules and the associated controls
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
• Pastel evolution
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Good knowledge in the cost accounting and financial analysis
• General knowledge of the manufacturing cost accounting, i.e. product cost, inventory, standard cost, variance analysis between actual and standard cost
• Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Work also requires willingness to work on multitask, long hours and under pressure so as to meet deadlines
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
Duties are not limited to the above
Duties are not limited to two companies
Vacancy available to start January 2017
Kindly email detailed resume with supporting documents and cover letter to:
Group HR Manager